Monday, November 22, 2010

Chainmaille Neckties!!

I seem to have left my pliers with a friend... so I can't actually make anything until Wednesday...

No matter. I'm kind of behind on blogging and listing new items I've made anyways.

New Items:

Chainmaille Neckties:


Just saying, these would make excellent Christmas or Father's Day gifts.

I have a few pending orders for striped ties, so if you want one and/or have ideas for colors/patterns, please let me know. :D

I've come up with 2 passable ways to attached the ties.

The steel one has a lobster clasp, like a necklace, but I'd have to have a accurate enough neck + shirt measurement to make someone a tie that fits well.
The black tie's is more complicated, with a bunch of places to clip in, but I figure that its easier to tie than a cloth tie, so I count that as a win. Not quite as neat and tidy as I'd like it though, so I'll work on that.

What so amazing about these ties to me (from a design stand-point) is that the knot is so hard to make! The knot on the steel tie (my first one), took three major remakes before I was satisfied with it, and it took HOURS! I thought that after having a template, the black tie's knot would be much easier... however, it still took about an hour and a half to make just the stupid knot!! GRAAH!
Oh God, please let me get the knots down... I know enough men who get frustrated by tyeing neckties, and I don't want to end up in the funny farm for making tie knots. >_>

Oh, and notice that there's a marble in the knot too :P It doesn't need to be there, but it looks cool and puffs up the knot a little.

When modeling for my own pictures, I thought of how models are usually look troubled and pensive, looking off into the distance like they have a lot weighing on their minds... so I tried a look I've never seen before.


ahaha

-Glen

2 comments:

  1. LOL...love your last photo! =) Not sure you'll sell many ties if you look like that. =)

    What a great idea on the ties!

    ReplyDelete